If the case is not charging your phone
- Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to start and stop charging.
- To know the battery level, see the 4 indicator lights at the back of the case. When the first light start flashing continuously, then the battery case is fully discharged. Plug in and charge the case before use again.
- When you charge the phone with the case together, the phone will be fully charged first, and then switch to charge case.
- It takes some time before the case gets charged. But you can also remove the phone from the case and charge the case separately.
- If the case is left unused for a long time, it will result to full drainage of the battery. The battery will automatically go into sleeping mode and you will need to connect it with a wall charger to activate the battery.
If the 4 lights at the back of the case are on and remain solid
The case may fail to function properly due to internal system failure. In this case,
- Detach the case from the phone and reboot the case. To reboot, press and hold down the button on the case for about 20 seconds.
- If the case does not reboot, attach it to the phone and charge your phone with the case to drain the battery. The battery in the case will discharge fully and the case will then reboot by itself.
If the memory case is not showing when connected to your laptop or PC, try the following
Check to ensure that you are using a certified lighting cable
Use the certified lighting cable to connect the memory case directly to your PC. Do not use a USB hub or adapter between the memory case and PC.
If you are connecting the case to the PC for the first time, the PC will automatically install the case drivers. If your PC does not install the drivers, do the following
- Detach the case from your phone, and then connect the case to your PC separately. After that, attach your phone to the case and then connect both case and phone to your PC.
- Check to be sure there is no problem with your computer or USB port. To be sure, reboot your computer update the USB driver of your computer.
- If the problem persists, then try using another PC or USB port.